Sunday 5 January 2014

Present Simple (I eat/play/work etc)

Present Simple (I eat/play/work etc)

The laws of the present simple:
  1. To show habits and regular actions.
·         Sarah does her laundry at the weekends.
·         My parents wake up at seven o’clock every morning.
2.   To refer to current situations.
·        Ann works in a bank.
·         We live in London.
3.   To state general truths or facts.
·        It rains a lot in December.
·        The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

Always/never/often/sometimes/usually + present simple
·        Jake always arrives at work on time.
·        I usually drive to work, but sometimes I walk.
·        We often eat out on weekends.
·        They never skip breakfast.


Note:
  • He/She/It   +      verb  +      s (He likes, she eats, it sleeps)
  • I/We/You/They   +      verb (I eat, we play, they study)



No comments:

Post a Comment